Release Announcement: Duck 0.1, a ‘simple data’ and JSON Verifier, written in Python.Posted: December 26, 2010
As a Boxing Day present to myself, I have released version 0.1 of Duck, a ‘simple data’ and JSON verifier. Extending the metaphor of duck typing, I often find it useful to see if a ‘simple data’ structure (one made of dicts, lists, ints, floats, strings, booleans and the like) is ‘close enough’ to what I need to be useful.
- checking json (using duck.jsonduck)
- simple guards on kwargs, or particular function arguments
Project is at: https://github.com/gregglind/duck
I could also use help with it, since I have done a public release of anything packaged in a long time! I could use advice on:
- pypi / pip setup?
- where the code should *really* live
- integrating test stuff into setup.py
Look and Feel:
- does what I am doing even make sense?
- is it *too magical*